I took this picture at Holland State Park yesterday afternoon. What impressed me the most, was this lone seagull, who ignored the waves and scurried around, gobbling up snacks that the churning water deposited at its feet. It was such a contrast of elements: sunshine, cold wind, soft sand, blue skies, immense waves and a fearless seagull!
After Reading Psalm 139 this morning, I gained new insights and understanding as to how AWESOME our God is…
- He searches me and knows me
- He knows when I sit down and when I arise
- He understands my thoughts … afar off!
- He is by my side when I’m busy, and when I’m sleeping
- He is acquainted with all of my ways
- He knows every word I speak
- He surrounds me and has laid His hand upon me
- He possessed my inward parts and covered me in the womb
- He has written all the parts of my body in a book
- And He thinks about me more than I could ever count or know
These Verses say it all:
17How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
18If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.
23Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
In His Love,